Androidbiits.com brings an outstanding news for Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 users. According to timduru, Android 5.1.0 Lollipop release 1 KatKiss-5.1 ROM is available for Eee Pad Transformer TF101. In my previous post, I have written the instructions for updating S5 LTE SM-G900F to Lollipop 5.1 with the help of CM12.1 [klte]. Now the outstanding news is that Eee Pad Transformer TF101 users can test KatKiss-5.1. Today, I will discuss about the steps for updating Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 to Android 5.1.0_r1 Lollipop using KatKiss-5.1. This is really an outstanding news for Eee Pad Transformer TF101 owners who are bored with old firmware and waiting to test Lollipop 5.1.0 on TF101. KatKiss-5.1 may bring several improvements on TF101.
I am expecting that Eee Pad Transformer TF101 users will be able to install KatKiss-5.1 easily without having any issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. Dear Eee Pad TF101 owner, KatKiss-5.1 requires rooted TF101, so it is crucial to root Eee Pad TF101. Oh yes, Another necessary thing is CWM recovery installation on Eee Pad TF101 before installing KatKiss-5.1. You can do all these tasks after unlocking Eee Pad TF101 bootloader. Oh yes, You may face some bugs on TF101 after installing KatKiss-5.1. Androidbiits.com recommends that TF101 users must save their documents including videos and songs before installing KatKiss-5.1 ROM, because there is a chance of losing all documents including videos and songs from their TF101. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM and waiting to test the new version of Lollipop, then you must test KatKiss-5.1 on your TF101.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install KatKiss-5.1 ROM. Androidbiits will not take any responsibility if TF101 got damaged during this process. TF101 battery level must be more than 96% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1.0 Lollipop Release 1 KatKiss ROM on Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 [Tutorial]
1. It is necessary to download KatKiss-5.1 for TF101.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for TF101.
3. It is the time to tap USB debugging.
4. It is the time to connect your Eee Pad with your desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer KatKiss-5.1 to the SD card of your device .
6. It is the time to switch off your TF101.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from TF101.
8. It is very crucial to put your TF101 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on device.
10. It is the time to tap “wipe cache partition” on device.
11. It is the time to tap “install zip from SD card” on device.
12. It is the proper time to choose KatKiss-5.1 on device.
13. It is the proper time to install KatKiss-5.1 on device.
14. It is the time to go to the device main menu and then you will have to tap “reboot system now”.
15. It is the perfect time to wait until your TF101 reboots.
After your Eee Pad Transformer TF101 is rebooted, you can test KatKiss-5.1. Oh yes, if you are having any problem while installing KatKiss-5.1, then you can share your problem with Androidbiits.com.